Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we stream the videos from You Tube

Participant ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 - We create e-learning solutions for schools + have just downloaded captivate

2 - Can we upload the videos to You Tube as I can't have these videos on my website.

3 - I could upload to You Tube and would need to embed the address in my LMS.

HOWEVER

When you export the video it comes with other folders. I can't upload those folders to You Tube.

So do companies put all their videos on their own sites. That's a lot of traffic through my website per month if I have 1000+ students watching the videos.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Undderstand you are new to eLearning. May I explain something very essential to understand? You talk about 'video', but eLearning assets can be:

• Passive video: only type which can be posted on platforms like YouTube, Vimeo
  • Interactive video: need to be uploased to a webserver
  • Fully interactive courses: need to be uploaided to a webserver or a Learning Management system if you want to track scores, progress and limit access to registered user accounts.

It looks like you published Captivate cour

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Undderstand you are new to eLearning. May I explain something very essential to understand? You talk about 'video', but eLearning assets can be:

• Passive video: only type which can be posted on platforms like YouTube, Vimeo
  • Interactive video: need to be uploased to a webserver
  • Fully interactive courses: need to be uploaided to a webserver or a Learning Management system if you want to track scores, progress and limit access to registered user accounts.

It looks like you published Captivate courses of the third type, which is the most efficient for eLearning. 

Recently I presented a webinar about Interactivity, and converted the Captivate presentation to a self-paced and learner controlled Captivate tutorial:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/interactivity-in-captivate-back-to-basics

To answer your question about uploading: most companies will have aLearning Management System.  Less companies will upload to a dedicated webserver, but with the restriction that the account management will have to be done manually or programmed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources