• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you change button "down" states to be same same as hover or normal?

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having problems seeing the origin of this problem. I have x2 smartshapes set to be buttons. On the inbuilt "down" state, the button "presses in" and becomes smaller by a few pixels upon being clicked. I cannot see a way to correct this. I do not want this, I want the down state being the same size as the hover state. Thanks for any suggestions. Please do comment if this is something built in which cannot be remedied.

I have looked through the community here for similar threads but cannot see any which address this. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been always like that with shape buttons, looks like it is pressed by shrinking. The states are identical in size and location. If you want a workaround: increase the stroke width in the Down state, will make the effect less apparent. How much you need to increase depends on the size, bit trial and error.

You can delete statesn uding the righ-click menu on a state in the Object State panel as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just delete the Down state.  If you don't want to see a difference, why have it at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, thanks for your help. I have found that if I delete the down state, it still seems to do the down state when u run it. Also with the stroke width alteration, that doesn't seem to stop it for me. What has helped is to put a coloured rectangle the same size/colour behind the button, so it doesn't look like the button is changing size!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shrinking seems to be directly tied to the event listener Captivate uses to detect mousedown state and is not part of the Down state, so it's triggered even when there is no Down state at all.

As mentioned above, increasing stroke width on the Down state to about 3 to 5 pixels beyond what is used for Normal and Rollover states should minimize the effect. Try different values for the stroke width for best results.

In case you don't want to have a stroke on the Down state for whatever reason, an alternative could be to add another slightly larger shape to the downstate, covering up the original shape, jutting out over the original shape about 1 to 2 px in every direction. You might want to make the original shape invisible too. Again, a bit of trial & error will be required to figure out the exact dimensions and location for the new shape.

If you completely want to avoid the button shrinking instead of working around, you'd have to ditch Captivate's 'Use as Button' feature all together and work with JavaScript event listeners (or CpExtra widget, if you have that) instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or put a clickbox on top of a non-button shape. Of course, you'll lose the mouseover state this way. And not be able to do it in a fluid box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In that case use an old type of button, please do not combine a click box with an image....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources