Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you create a longer audio silence between captions

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping someone has a trick...

I am converting several captions on a slide using text to speech.  Since this creates one long audio stream it goes way to fast for the reader to keep up and there isn't any real pause before going to the next caption. 

Is there a way to easily put in a pause/silence  before the next caption?  Periods and commas don't slow down the narration hardly at all. 

I have seen that I can edit the audio and "Insert Silence" but that is very time consuming and would require redoing it ever time there is a change to the script.

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

You'll need to insert a pause tag where you want the pause.

<vtml_pause time=”1000″/>

Note that the number is in milliseconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to insert a pause tag where you want the pause.

<vtml_pause time=”1000″/>

Note that the number is in milliseconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, but I just started using Captivate, how/where do I insert a tag? Ok, figured it out. Just in case there is another newbie.....Open Speech Management and just place it in the text where ever you want it. I would think that would be something everyone could use, I'm surprised there isn't an "Insert Silence" button like on the Edit Audio screen that helps you with this. If it wasn't for your help I would have never known. Thanks!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources