Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you loop effects in Captivate?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am trying to create the image of someone falling down a hole with the little speed lines trailing behind it.  I'd like to give it the image of falling for the entire time the user is on the slide.  Is there a way to loop effects to continue to cycle until the user leaves the slide.  I'm using Captivate 6.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching Adobe Community:

The below thread might help:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/420104

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shekhar, the thread you are pointing to is about a Flash animation, here the question is about 'effects' if I understand it well. Please mmkreik could you specify what you mean?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apology for re-opening an old thread but I was going to ask the same question and noticed this thread so decided to update it rather than create a duplicate one.

I have a button which I want it flash (flicker) for the entire duration of the slide until the user click on it, so I have applied a 'Flicker' effect but it only flickers once, how can I set it to repeat (loop) the effect?

I assume that's what mkosmacek  meant?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this question! Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No eternal looping is possible for effects. You can chain the same effect several times, and create a custom effect. Or for SWF output you could create a looping effect in Flash and save it as XML, can be used as effect in Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You just apply the effect as many times as you need and in the timeline you'll see each instance of the effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources