• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you randomize slides? (Not Question Slides)

Participant ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a way to randomize slides (not question slides) in Captivate. I am thinking this maybe possible with Javascript.

The use case i'm thinking about would be a project with a couple different branches. I would want to randomly send the learner down 2 of the 4 branches. The idea would be each time they take the course, the branches they are presented with could be different.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would indeed need JS to populate a  variable with a random number.  You can then set up the navigation to a branch based ton that number. Do not forget to turn on Branch aware if you have custom questions.

I used random numbers in different blog posts. Here is one of them:

Playing a dice game, using While loop - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your output is HTML5, you might also consider using the CpExtra HTML5 widget for this task as it also has a randomised number function:

Math Related | Infosemantics Pty Ltd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources