• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you recall / retrieve a user's answers later in a presentation?

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Captivate, and am wondering if you can retrieve a user's answers later in a presentation. Specifically, we want to have the user take a quiz at the beginning, then experience the learning presentation, then retake the quiz and compare the initial answers with the ones selected at the end...is that possible? It has to be SCORM compliant. 

Thank you. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the quizzing systm variable cpQuizInfoAnswerChoice. Since that varialbe is repopulated after each question, you'll have to assign its value to a user variable. I have written recently a post about this variable:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/using-cpquizinfoanswerchoice-for-survey-conversion-from-swf-to-html

I used it there for a survey, but works also for questions.

You may have to translate the value to the real answer, because it is mostly limited to the number of the answer. You can always show the value of a variable by inserting it in a text container, using the workflow described in this post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/discover-slash-use-captivates-system-variables-part-1

However want to warn you: if  you do use regular quiz slides before and after the content, know that they will all be included in the quiz total. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for your response. I'll check out the post and give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources