Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot add 360 video in VR project in Captivate 2019

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I recently installed Captivate 2019 and tried creating my first VR project, but I don't have the option to add 360 videos or images to the slide. It's just a blank white background. Any ideas?

2018-09-04 09_04_12-untitled1.cptx.png

Cheers,

Lloyd

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

With Adobe's help in diagnosing the issue, the problems seems to be with the display drivers being used on my Targus docking station which I use to connect to external monitors.

At the moment, the only solution is to not use the docking station and work directly off my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot add 360 images or video to this type of slide. Click the Slides Plus icon on the toolbar and select 360 slide. Once a 360 slide is added you can click the plus icon in the middle of the screen to add a 360 image or video.

Watch this video to learn more:

Captivate 2019 - Virtual Reality Projects https://youtu.be/RBLs6jEmIGc

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers for the response, Paul. That is a 360 slide in my screenshot - you can see the VR icon in the filmstrip and the Guided/Exploratory options in the properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Great youtubes by the way.  I know what the answer is for this question, but I was hoping against hope you would have something different to say. Adobe Captivate 2019 does not have the ability for me to insert a 360 video into a project.  Just a 360 static photo which is useful of course, but to have a 360 video with moving pictures in a project is better.

Do you know what Adobe's roadmap is for this incorporation?

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been exploring both 360 Image and video in CP2019 and it worked fine. It is already incorporated. Read the result of my exploratino in:

Timeline for 360 slides (static/video) - Captivate blog

This proves thr sentence is not correct: '"dobe Captivate 2019 does not have the ability for me to insert a 360 video into a project"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lily, thank you so much for your support with this. I have tried to add a 360 video to my 360 video project, however when I click on the white space (stage) where the Add 360 image / video title is, and find my 360 video file and click 'open'.  Nothing happens.  There is no media that shows.  To test the method, when I select a 360 (jpeg file), it works fine.

Still not getting anywhere.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lily, I have solved or should I say the adobe forum solved my issue.  I did another keyword search and read a different forum thread. It said to convert the file to (H.264) which I did and it worked.

Thank you for taking the time to respond and try to help.

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My next question would have been indeed to check the format, or to send you one of my  360 video which I used while exploring. I suspected a problem with the format you used for the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lily,

Thanks again. These things are a process of elimination. All good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to import an H.264 MOV file, it's greyed out and only seems to want to take .mp4's. When I try to get an mp4 in there, it does nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe never gives out a road map for any of their enhancements.  They USED to ask the community what WE wanted to see added to the product, but that never happens now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No roadmap required. I can do this right now.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that Captivate 2023 (v12.0) does not have the 360-degree image functionallity. What is the alternative?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For this missing feature and all the other ones, use Captivate Classic (11.8.2) which  you can use parallel with version 12 on the same license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like node.js was not able to start properly on your system Lloyd.. which is required for 360 slides to appear with add background.

Can you delete all instances of running node.js from allowed programs in firewall settings and re-lauch captivate.

If you need help in how to achieve that, please drop a mail to captivatehelp@adobe.com and will guide you further.

Thanks,

Aditya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Adobe's help in diagnosing the issue, the problems seems to be with the display drivers being used on my Targus docking station which I use to connect to external monitors.

At the moment, the only solution is to not use the docking station and work directly off my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also put an FAQ for others facing such kind of issue:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2018/09/not-able-see-add-360-image-video-icon-360-slide-check-required-g...

Anyone facing such issue can refer to this blog(FAQ).

Regards,

Aditya

Captivate Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you LLoyd for the information. That is in fact the origin to my problem. I have a Toshiba dynadock docking station and disconnecting from it solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources