• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import or Create from Power Point pptx

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed Captivate because I want a way to publish my powerpoint slides to HTML5.  I can do this fine with iSpring which works within PP,  but it seems Captivate is not able to open/import pptx files.  I have a lot of animation, etc, and it seems the only way to get this to work is by saving my Power Point files as .ppt only.   

Why can't Captivate import pptx files directly?  Or am I doing something wrong?

captivate.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you are not doing anything wrong.  PowerPoint import and publishing is not a strong point for Captivate. If iSpring gives you the results you want, I suggest you stick with that product.

As you have found, for anything other than the simplest PPT decks, you can only import after converting to PPT from PPTX.  But even after importing the PPT, you are likely to find that most of your animations are not going to remain intact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Rod said, Captivate's PowerPoint import features have never been great. But in recent versions they got more and more unusable; up to the point thatI have more or less given up on that. When I need PowerPoint slides in Captivate I export them from PowePoint as pngs (for static slides) or mp4s (for animated slides), and bring those into Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you never try to unzip the pptx file and take out the available assets? Import them in a Captivate project library and you can start as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, if you wanted to use the layout of the PowerPoint slide as a basic template, and then work from that in Captivate, that'd be the way to go. I assumed above that the PPT slides should be uses 'as is'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources