• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open Adobe Captivate 2019 file: "The file exceeds the limit allowed and cannot be saved."

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open an Adobe Captivate 2019 file which I have saved, re-opened and edited multiple times previously without issues, but today I get the error message: "The file exceeds the limit allowed and cannot be saved." This prevents me from opening the file. I need to make some adjustments and republish it. The file is 82458 KB. 

How to resolve this issue so I can open the file? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Can you check the remaining space on disk or partition where you have the Captivate projects? I hope it is on your system and not on a networked drive. Check also to size of the Cache folder, maybe deleting some of the caches for older project will free up space.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check the remaining space on disk or partition where you have the Captivate projects? I hope it is on your system and not on a networked drive. Check also to size of the Cache folder, maybe deleting some of the caches for older project will free up space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the quick response. Indeed clearing some disk space has done the trick - I can now open the file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources