• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Paste a Screenshot into Captivate 11.5.1.499

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As above - if I do a screenshot of application window I cannot paste it into Captivate.

I *can* paste it into FireWorks, PowerPoint etc.  

Why is this please?  What can I do about it?

Cheers

Dave

TOPICS
Editing , Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the format of the screenshot: JPEG,GIF,.... ? Import it into Captivate's library and drag it on a slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri, thanks for a quick reply

Not a clue what format it is in as it is a screenshot (Windows) - Alt-Print Screen and paste should work shouldn't it?  It used to.
I don't want to save the images if I can avoid it.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I avoid copy/paste between applications as the pest. Paste it into Fireworks and save that image please. To have the best result in Captivate for a bitmap image you need to have it in the exact resolution you need, which you can do in Fireworks. Use JPEG or PNG as output format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate some people might want to avoid this but I want to do it - is there a technical reason why this might not be working?

It used to when I started using Captivate earlier this year.  It also works in absolutely every other piece of software.

Thanks

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will not explain all the issues and loss of working hours I had when using the Windows clipboard in my long career. 

Maybe try to clear the cache and clean the preferences, have no idea why it used to work and is not working now since I would never do this copy/paste. It may even be a change in a recent update of Windows preventing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try a simple restart of Captivate?  I have found on countless occassions, Captivate seems to loose the ability to paste to the stage, variables and javascript window......It is always rectified by saving everything, completely closing Captivate and then reopening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources