Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot see the entire stage when increasing slide height

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I increase the slide height to 3000 px, I cannot see any of my objects stationed near the bottom.  Is there a fix for that?  This slide catches all of the user input throughout the course, so it is designed to be long.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried changing the View > Magnification %?

If you make view percentage smaller you should see the entire project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, tried that.  This is what it looks like, I can't see the bottom edge of the slide, there are actually objects further down on the slide that aren't visible because I can't see the bottom edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit off topic: why would you ever want a slide height of 3000px? File size of published project would be enormous, and only be visible on retina screens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's a slide that lists all of the user input entered throughout the course . . . a final results slide.  I can see it just fine on my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally all slides in a project have the same resolution. Exception: responsive project, where you can increase individual slide heights. How will this look on mobile devices? Are you sure all the potential learners do have the same hardware as you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great questions!  Yes, I am creating a responsive project, and am testing on mobile devices via the publish preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try with Edge Inspect on a mobile device itself? Usual mobile browsers are so low-resolution that the user will have to scroll a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I haven't . . . I will give it a try. 

It seems like there is a limit to how long your slide can be and still show all elements . . . 2000 px. It looks like I will break up the slide into two slides.

Another question . . . is there an action that I can program that takes you to the top of the next slide?  It seems that when I've scrolled to the bottom of the long slide and click to go to the next long slide, it stays on the bottom of that new slide as well, rather than going to the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would really recommend to split up in more slides, it would improve the user experience as well.

AFAIK there is no 'action' to scroll to the top of a slide, another reason to keep slide heights within reasonable limits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources