Highlighted

Cant Create New Blank Captivate Project

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i launch Captivate, select New, then Blank project, select canvas size and hit Create.... nothing happens.
(Tried the same thing from the Main Menu, File, New Project, Blank and even tried Ctrl+N)

I am running version, 11.5.1.499 and have the problem with not being able to see the included assets. I have installed a few packages along with a hotfix from Adobe to try and resolve that issue.

I have even uninstalled Captivate (removed settings in uninstal) and reinstalled Captivate.. and still cant create a Blank project.

Anyone... please advise.

Topics

Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cant Create New Blank Captivate Project

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i launch Captivate, select New, then Blank project, select canvas size and hit Create.... nothing happens.
(Tried the same thing from the Main Menu, File, New Project, Blank and even tried Ctrl+N)

I am running version, 11.5.1.499 and have the problem with not being able to see the included assets. I have installed a few packages along with a hotfix from Adobe to try and resolve that issue.

I have even uninstalled Captivate (removed settings in uninstal) and reinstalled Captivate.. and still cant create a Blank project.

Anyone... please advise.

Topics

Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you clear the cach and clean the preferences? Clearing cache can be done with button under Preferences, General settings. Cleaning Preferences is done with CleanPreferences...file to be found in the subfolder Utils undet the installation folder. CP needs to be closed and you need admin rights.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did all that and still no luck. Going to uninstall, delete any leftover folders, empty recycle bin, restart, and have a domain admin reinstall.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
BP7202 LATEST
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution ended up being to clear cach and prefferences, uninstall, delete settings, delete the leftover folders from program files folder, delete the leftover folders from c:\Users\UserName\AppData subfolders and reinstall.

The hotfix from Adobe support (attempt to fix the Asset window loading problem) I installed involved copying files to /ns/nod_modules (didnt work) which is what I think caused Captivate to be unable to create blank projects.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group