• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cap 2019 plays audio of all object states at once on Replay

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several situations when audio plays simultaneously in Captivate. One is if you have audio connected to each state in a multi-state object. It behaves and stops one state's audio when you go to another state, but when you hit Replay, they all play at once. Is there a way to stop this?

Is there a way to stop any audio when another object with audio is clicked on?

I'd upload the file but I always get this error -- "The attachment's <FILENAME> content type (application/x-captivate) does not match its file extension and has been removed." Multiple people have asked why this -- including me in November -- and it goes unanswered.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you 'Replay' please?  I want to double-check. In which version (full number)? 

If you trigger audio clips with the Play Audio command, you will never have audio clips playing at the same time. When another clip is started with the same command, and the first clip is not finished, it will be stopped immediately (same effect as with Stop Triggered Audio which acts only on clips starteed with Play Audio).

See also:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2018/06/pausing-timeline-audio-clips/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This got sent to a weird Updates auto sub-folder in my Google gmail, so I just saw it. I had an audio triggered to play when each drag-and-drop source was put into the proper target through an advanced action. This worked fine, but there were two issues:

1) If you dragged a second source onto another correct target, that audio would begin without the previous one stopping, and 

2) If you clicked Replay or went back to that slide, all of the audio files played at the same time. 

I don't have access to the file, or to Captivate, anymore, so I can't provide an example. I know in other slides, when one audio was triggered, the other audio automatically stopped, but I think those were State Views with audio. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no answers to my questions. There is NO replay button on a D&D slide, please tell me how you did Replay.

As for the audio: you probably used the Object actions to activate the audio clips for a drag action? Or did you use an InBuilt state for the drag source? 

Only audio clips started with 'Play Audio' are automatically stopped when another clip is triggered with the same command. But if you use object audio it will not be stopped. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oops 🙂

This is captivate 2019. What I meant is hitting the Replay circular arros in preview or hitting the back button after the slide has finished. What you said about object audio is likely the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe you should have a look at this blog about Replay and Reset:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/replay-or-reset-slide

Since you didn't answer my questions, don't have more help for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources