• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cap 9 java command line error

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening Captivate 9 on my mac OS X 10.11, and wanting to import a ppt file to start a new project.

It seems to be working fine, opens/closes ppt, and opens screen to select action between slides. Then I get a popup Java window.

To use the 'java' command-line too you need to install a JDK.

Click "more info..." to visit the Java Developer Kit download website.

clicking more info takes me to a spot to download and install Jave v8 update 60 - which doesn't seem to change the behavior of Cap 9.

So, what's the deal here and what can I do to get this functionality back.

Cheers,

Fred

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

All: I had this problem too. Mac OS X Mavericks. I downloaded the Java JDK from here: Java SE Development Kit 8 - Downloads, quit Captivate and restarted captivate. Now the import seems to work. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fred,

I am experiencing the same issue: when I try to import a PPT into the new Adobe Captivate 9, Captivate hangs when the "Convert Microsoft PowerPoint Presentations" window opens. My Java is up to date and I cannot find an answer to this problem.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, still not working for me either. The support folks were able to watch me replicate the issue and we tried a few different ways, all with out success... The only work around is to craft the slides in CP9 directly... which has added a lot of work to the workflow.... not happy about that.

Cheers,

Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's hope this gets sorted. I'm working on a project in the trial version of CP9—still on the fence about whether I'll commit and this bug could be an issue. I do all my presentations in Keynote but there is the strong likelihood that I'd export to PPT and then import into CP9. So yes, an issue that needs to be addressed.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same set up, same issue. Trying to work through it now with tech support. The only reason I bought this was to convert a massive slide deck into some elearning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work at all if you just try converting a very small number of slides?  E.g. try just a deck of 10 slides rather than the "massive deck".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying doing it in PC first. If that fails, I will try small chunks..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a 64 bit PC so thats not going to work. I just tried small size, it loaded the first 10. I guess I'll have to work through it that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found the the same problem

More than 4 months now since first reported, is this going to be solved ??

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may misunderstand something.  This is a User Forum, NOT Adobe Support.

Nobody here can definitively answer a question related to when Adobe will do something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand some of the Adobe Community Forum users are Adobe Employees. I was hoping someone would have some additional information about this problem

PowerPoint Import is one of the basic capabilities generally expected of an authoring tool, I considered it an essential requirement when I decided to go with Captivate, the import worked ok about a year ago.   

Tried importing small / sections of presentations, works sometimes for 3 slides 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All: I had this problem too. Mac OS X Mavericks. I downloaded the Java JDK from here: Java SE Development Kit 8 - Downloads, quit Captivate and restarted captivate. Now the import seems to work. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it does.

Thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on El Capitan, 10.11.6, installed jdk-8u112-macosx-x64.dmg, and that solved this problem.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. You suggestion to download and install jdk-8u112-macosx-x64.dmg was very helpful. It worked perfectly. I was getting java command line error, was unable to import the powerpoint and now everything works very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This solution still works, except I downloaded the latest Java SDK which at this time is 11. Worked perfectly with that! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources