Highlighted

Captivate 2017 and Unsupported HTML5 Objects

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a little perplexed that rollovers which are identified as non-compliant with HTML5 were still operational in my SCORM file as described below.

I have uploaded an HTML5 SCORM .zip file to our Saba LMS to test multi-state buttons as well as validate non-compliance of the rollover object. My development tool is Captivate 2017 and I am using IE11 for my validation.

1. Interestingly...

• The Continue buttons seem to work just fine.

• The multi-state buttons while a little clunky, were functional.

• Most interesting was that the rollover areas seem to work…a little puzzling as the built-in Captivate HTML5 tracker (Window ->HTML5 Tracker) called out these slides…

FYI, the course bookmarked just fine and once I touched all of the slides, Saba marked me as Successfully completed. Though the rollovers worked, I am a little leery. 

We further tested in IE11 by disabling shockwave Flash in the IE11 browser settings.  We also viewed via an Android.  Still, the rollovers worked.

All commentary would be greatly appreciated!

Mark

Moderator: please do not insert your personal credentials in a public forum.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Captivate 2017 and Unsupported HTML5 Objects

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a little perplexed that rollovers which are identified as non-compliant with HTML5 were still operational in my SCORM file as described below.

I have uploaded an HTML5 SCORM .zip file to our Saba LMS to test multi-state buttons as well as validate non-compliance of the rollover object. My development tool is Captivate 2017 and I am using IE11 for my validation.

1. Interestingly...

• The Continue buttons seem to work just fine.

• The multi-state buttons while a little clunky, were functional.

• Most interesting was that the rollover areas seem to work…a little puzzling as the built-in Captivate HTML5 tracker (Window ->HTML5 Tracker) called out these slides…

FYI, the course bookmarked just fine and once I touched all of the slides, Saba marked me as Successfully completed. Though the rollovers worked, I am a little leery. 

We further tested in IE11 by disabling shockwave Flash in the IE11 browser settings.  We also viewed via an Android.  Still, the rollovers worked.

All commentary would be greatly appreciated!

Mark

Moderator: please do not insert your personal credentials in a public forum.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rollovers always work on desktop browsers for HTML output. That has been reported many times in the forums. Howeber they are NOT supported on mobile devices. If you work out a responsive project with Fluid Boxes, which is meant essentially to be viewed on mobile devices, you will not be able to insert rollovers at all. If you don't care about mobile devices, rollovers are fine, except maybe the Rollover slidelet which is bit tricky.

I even published a  blog post about mimicking rollovers in a Fluid boxes project:

Rollover in Fluid Boxes? - Captivate blog

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group