• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2017 animations not working in Firefox anymore

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the animations which fails in Firefox starts with a vertical text animation effect, but other kinds of animations fail too. Also, the audio is missing in the ones who fail. Anyone who knows why? They render perfectly in Chrome and Edge.

They are published as scalable/responsive content in html5, and have all worked until recently.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you really talking about imported animations (OAM or GIF) or are you talking about Effects applied to objects in Captivate?

Can you check the exact version number, should be 10.0.1.299..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The animations are Captivate-effects, not imported ones. Not sure which version number they are produced in, the project.txt says generatorVersion 8.0.1... guess this only identifies that Captivate 8.0.1 was used? Is this any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops.... lot has changed to effects since version 8.  But it is strange that it works on other browsers.

Did you check the version number for CP2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, now I get it. Some local Captivate 8 project files mislead me, my question is entirely related to CP2017. I have no exact version, but the project.txt states generatorVersion 10.0.0. Is this enough?

How often is it normally necessary to regenerate the projects in order to support the most recent browsers? I would expect the browsers to be backward compatible....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version number can be checked (like in most applications) under Help, About Captivate. It looks like you are still on the first release which is no longer authorized. You should upgrade to 10.0.1.299.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. But regarding Chrome and Firefox this version requires

• Chrome 67 (or later)
  • FireFox 60 (or later),

right? Our customers are mainly schools, and very often they have quite old browsers (from 2013/14 or even older). What would be the recommended action in our case?

We currently have no subscription, as we produce new Captivate content very rarely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if the schools are on old browsers, you should NOT be still creating Flash-based content.

Any browser of that vintage should still be able to use HTML5.  Your issue is more likely to be related to the fact that your school's web server or LMS server will need to allow JSON files to deliver the content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its html5 content and the animations fail using the latest Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So we are definitely talking about HTML5 content delivered from a web server here, right?  Not HTML5 output played locally from a hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. Server to client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WEB server or LAN server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Web server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod, animation plays in Chrome, Edge but not in Firefox. I suppose that means it is not JSON support lacking....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would give it a try anyway (update). If schools are using very old IE browser, they'll never be able to see a lot of functionality of HTML5 courses. Was already afraid that you were publishing to SWF but that is not the case, as I read one of your recent answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I chose to install CP2019, and upgrade the projects. Maybe installing CP2017 ver. 10.0.1.299 would solve the problem too, that remains unanswered (and sounds like a shorter-term solution).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources