Highlighted

Captivate 2017 Applying effects in Advanced Actions

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to have a button that will remain during an activity of the course to expand and collapse a toolbar reference that will assist the learner in the activity. (kind of functions like a TOC, comes in from the side and when it collapses moves back into the original entrance spot).

Anyway to do this?

I currently have an advanced conditional script going on so when I click the button to reveal the toolbar references it has the effect "from right to left effect " however when I try to collapse it with the effect "from left to right)" it keeps playing the right to left effect.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

Logic is not correct in your action.  In such a case you have to toggle the variable in both parts: THEN and ELSE.  What is the star value of that Boolean variable? If it is 0, the action should be:

IF v_toolba is equal to 0

Toggle v_toolbar

Apply Effect Left to Right

ELSE

Toggle v_toolbar

Apply Effect Right to Left

BTW: the Pr"eview button in the AA dialog box is the first button in the top right control panel (looks like an arrow). Explore this blog post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/advanced-actions-dialog-box-in-captivate-2017

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Captivate 2017 Applying effects in Advanced Actions

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to have a button that will remain during an activity of the course to expand and collapse a toolbar reference that will assist the learner in the activity. (kind of functions like a TOC, comes in from the side and when it collapses moves back into the original entrance spot).

Anyway to do this?

I currently have an advanced conditional script going on so when I click the button to reveal the toolbar references it has the effect "from right to left effect " however when I try to collapse it with the effect "from left to right)" it keeps playing the right to left effect.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

Logic is not correct in your action.  In such a case you have to toggle the variable in both parts: THEN and ELSE.  What is the star value of that Boolean variable? If it is 0, the action should be:

Toggle v_toolbar

ELSE

Toggle v_toolbar

BTW: the Pr"eview button in the AA dialog box is the first button in the top right control panel (looks like an arrow). Explore this blog post:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 06, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you create custom effects to use? You need two motion paths which are exactly the opposite. Maybe this blog post could help a little bit:

How to use Custom Effect in Actions? - Captivate blog

If you could please post a preview of your advanced action?  Check the exact version number as well: should be 10.0.1.285.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018-11-06_15-23-00.jpg

2018-11-06_15-23-10.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2018 0
Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Toggle v_toolbar

ELSE

Toggle v_toolbar

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lily!

I get so confused with the advanced action part. I haven't found a good tutorial yet because others may add "assign" vs "toggle". I wish I knew how to execute these properly.

I appreciate your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2018 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, in some instances Assign is better, but I am bit lazy. I use Toggle a lot because I can copy/paste more in the Advanced actions statements. Maybe I am doing too much actions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2018 0