Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2017 - Audio device not detected

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Recently, my Adobe Captivate 2017 has stopped detecting my audio device (logitech headset). It was working until one week ago but has stopped working now. I uninstalled and reinstalled the headset, tried a different headset, worked on the settings to make sure the headset is set as the default in everything involved. I've searched forums and am coming up with nothing. Does anyone have a fix or idea on a fix?

Thanks,

SP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Hi,

I have the same issue. Captivate could not detect my voice recording device in Windows 10 platform. 

I ran "Voice Recorder" and click on lower right (...) and select Microphone Settings. I enabled "Allow apps to access your microphone". Now Captivate could recognize my voice recording device. However, I did not see Captivate in one of the app.

However, during my narration session for each Powerpoint slide, I noticed that it recorded no sound. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look for an updated driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First try a different headset to see if the PC is not allowing ANY headset or just that one.  The issue might turn out to be the headset.  Is it only Captivate that cannot use the headset?  Can other audio recording apps work with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I have the same issue. Captivate could not detect my voice recording device in Windows 10 platform. 

I ran "Voice Recorder" and click on lower right (...) and select Microphone Settings. I enabled "Allow apps to access your microphone". Now Captivate could recognize my voice recording device. However, I did not see Captivate in one of the app.

However, during my narration session for each Powerpoint slide, I noticed that it recorded no sound. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources