• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2017 Audio

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I recorded audio on one of my Captivate 2017 slides but would like to remove it. When I pull up the audio I see the buttons Audio, Edit and Closed Caption. Both the Edit and the Closed Caption tabs are grayed out and I cannot access them. What do I need to do to delete and/or edit my narration? Thank you.

Deborah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Which type of audio? If it is slide audio, you see the audio timeline under the slide timeline. Select that timeline and use the DEL key.

It if it object audio, look in the properties of the object, tab Options, and you can delete the audio there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which type of audio? If it is slide audio, you see the audio timeline under the slide timeline. Select that timeline and use the DEL key.

It if it object audio, look in the properties of the object, tab Options, and you can delete the audio there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, unfortunately I am not sure what type of audio. When I click on the object and go to audio I only have the option of adding audio so I believe it is slide audio however I do not see an audio timeline. Where is that? Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it deleted Lilybiri thank you. When I record a narration the voice seems to echo. Is there a certain way to add a narration? Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Echo is not added by Captivate. How did you record the audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Thank you for all your help with this. For the Object audio under Properties I just clicked "add audio" and hit record then recorded the message Should I have done it differently?

Deborah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Starting recording can also be done with Audio menu, Record to.... Be sure to select the correct option, as I told before, for narration choose 'to Slide', not to object.

If you have echo, this can be due to your setup: environment, correct settings for microphon, quality of the mike etc... Captivate has only a limited set of editing possibilities. I prefer to use a dedicated audio application. in this case Adobe Audition. But there is a good free alternative, Audacity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources