• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2017 Change time

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very new to Captivate and having big issues with time. I will explain, I am using the standard quiz templates and buttons etc. When the user has answered the question and clicks on to continue, before the next slide appears is far to long a time. How can this be reduced to a min say 0.1sec.

Also, in the finished quiz/project can the audio/fast forward bar at the bottom be removed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to learn or take training about the Timeline, which is perhaps the most important feature of Captivate's UI.

Quiz slides have a pausing point by default at 1.5 seconds. After the two-step Submit process, if you keep the default actions for Success and Last Attempt, which is 'Continue', the playhead needs to move till the end of the slide to advance to the next slide. Maybe you have audio on the slide, which will not pause at the pausing point. In that case the remaining duration after 1.5secs can be very long.

Two possible solutions:

1. Move the pausing point towards the end of the quiz slide by dragging.
  2. Edit the actions On Succes, Last Attempt both to 'Go to Next Slide'.

More info:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/pausing-captivates-timeline

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/02/captivates-quizzes-2-submit-process/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply I will look in to what you have said

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources