• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2017 CONSTANTLY crashes on Mac

Participant ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm quite experienced on Captivate but I'm finding the amount of times it crashes is infuriating and is doubling if not tripling the time it's taking me to complete projects. I'm after getting into the habit of saving my work every couple of minutes, and I can predict what actions are going to cause it to crash, but it is still slowing my progress significantly.

Basically I find that the only time it crashes is when I'm dealing with "Execute Advanced Actions". I go in to edit the Action, click "Update Action" and when I "Close" the window my curser starts "beachballing" and I know then I have to Force Quit Captivate and start over again.

The frustrating thing is that when I go in and do the exact same thing with Advanced Actions it will work perfectly!

It has been suggested on the forum that I "Clear Cache" regularly and I have done but it has not helped.

A bit of background:

- I am using Captivate 2017

- All my projects are Responsive Projects and I use Fluid Boxes a lot.

- I am using the macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 operating system.

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Not the most recent release, try Help, Updates.

About Preferences, have a look at this blog post. Not sure which Preferences you changed:

Captivate 8.0.1 Install? Keep your Customisation! - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mention the major version of Captivate you have is Cp 2017, but what is the exact dot-point version?  Is it possible you are NOT on the very latest updated version perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you installed the patch to 10.0.1.285, did you clean the Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on the 10.0.0.192 version. I'm not sure whether if that is the latest version or not?

I also haven't clear cleared the preferences. I'm in the middle of a project at the moment if I clear preferences now will I have to redo all the preferences again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the most recent release, try Help, Updates.

About Preferences, have a look at this blog post. Not sure which Preferences you changed:

Captivate 8.0.1 Install? Keep your Customisation! - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ya that fixed it alright. It isn't crashing now anymore.

It has only crashed twice in the last week now and that was when I tried to "Insert Symbol" from the list.

It's not a huge problem as I don't do it that often but it's interesting nonetheless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources