Highlighted

Captivate 2017 - general understanding of Quiz Preferences

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone,

For once, I don't have a specific problem, but rather seek broader understanding of a functionality.  I did a lot of searches for it first, and while there's a multitude of questions on this subject, they are mostly specific trouble-shooting questions, whereas I'm wondering about the general business logic behind Quiz Preferences.

I suppose my overarching question is: what supersedes what in quiz settings?

That is to say: I understand each choice separately (I understand completion, success, reporting, pass/fail), but I'm not sure how they play together: what will override what if I select conflicting things, and what problems it may or may not pose? 

For instance, if in Reporting, I do not choose "Quiz is Passed" as Success Criteria, only slide views, but then in Settings, I select "Pass Required", what will happen when I publish?

What will happen if I reverse it, and choose "Optional" for settings, but select "Quiz is Passed" for Success Criteria under Reporting? 

I'm assuming that it's best NOT to create conflicting settings, but since all of these independent options exist, perhaps, there is a way to leverage all these settings in any configuration?  Or are there configurations to use and configurations to avoid at all times?

I also realize that these questions may not be answerable outside the context of a specific LMS, but I'm hoping that some rules of thumb do exist. 

I'd appreciate any thoughts the gurus don't mind sharing on the subject.  If I overlooked similar posts that already exist, I do apologize.  Links to old discussions (especially if they are still relevant for the newer versions) are very welcome, as are links to blog posts on the subject.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Captivate 2017 - general understanding of Quiz Preferences

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone,

For once, I don't have a specific problem, but rather seek broader understanding of a functionality.  I did a lot of searches for it first, and while there's a multitude of questions on this subject, they are mostly specific trouble-shooting questions, whereas I'm wondering about the general business logic behind Quiz Preferences.

I suppose my overarching question is: what supersedes what in quiz settings?

That is to say: I understand each choice separately (I understand completion, success, reporting, pass/fail), but I'm not sure how they play together: what will override what if I select conflicting things, and what problems it may or may not pose? 

For instance, if in Reporting, I do not choose "Quiz is Passed" as Success Criteria, only slide views, but then in Settings, I select "Pass Required", what will happen when I publish?

What will happen if I reverse it, and choose "Optional" for settings, but select "Quiz is Passed" for Success Criteria under Reporting? 

I'm assuming that it's best NOT to create conflicting settings, but since all of these independent options exist, perhaps, there is a way to leverage all these settings in any configuration?  Or are there configurations to use and configurations to avoid at all times?

I also realize that these questions may not be answerable outside the context of a specific LMS, but I'm hoping that some rules of thumb do exist. 

I'd appreciate any thoughts the gurus don't mind sharing on the subject.  If I overlooked similar posts that already exist, I do apologize.  Links to old discussions (especially if they are still relevant for the newer versions) are very welcome, as are links to blog posts on the subject.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Quiz Preferences > Reporting will always take preferences as far as Completion criteria on LMS is concern.

If you choose User Access then LMS will show the course as completed even if you do not pass or attempt the quiz. User access means that you have launched the course. Even if you launch it and close it the LMS will show complete.

If you select  Quiz is passed then LMS will show incomplete unless you pass the quiz so my suggestion would be not to use the conflicting settings since course will only complete if the user passes it else it will remain as incomplete.

Regards,

Mayank

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group