• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2017 > Captivate v2019 - Can´t open older project anymore

Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all

I can´t open my projects created with Cpativate 2017 in Captivate 2019.
I have checked all the error messages (see image attached) and have also searched in Forums but couldn´t find a solution.
I have checked other forums and solutions such as:
https://elearning.adobe.com/2010/09/recovering-the-project/

https://www.cpguru.com/recovering-corrupt-adobe-captivate-projects/

Nothing worked.

Any idea how I can open the projects with C2019?

thank you in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi Lilybiri
Thank you for your quick response. I have just spoken to our IT department again. It turned out that the company has installed version 9 instead of version 2019. Now the have put 2019 and thank god I can open the projects again. Please apologize the inconveniences caused.
This happens when the employee is no longer allowed to install programs himself ...

Thank you and kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both title and question are confusing: are you talking about opening CP2017 project ins Captivate version 9?  That has never been possible, opening projects created with a newer version in an older version. Or do you mean opening CP9 projects in CP2017? That should be possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri
You are right, please apologize. It is not v9 but 2019. I wanted to open my Captivate2017 projects with Captivate 2019 and got the error message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for correcting the title, planned to do so as moderator.

German, understand Goethe's language well, but will not write in it. That is an all-round error message which can be due to many origins. Can you check if there are any files with 'lck' in it, one of the possible reasons mentioned in the message.? It would mean that the old project is not closed regularly. Is probably not the cause if it happens with multiple projects.

Did you try to clear the cache (Preferences) and cleaning the Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri
Thank you for your quick response. I have just spoken to our IT department again. It turned out that the company has installed version 9 instead of version 2019. Now the have put 2019 and thank god I can open the projects again. Please apologize the inconveniences caused.
This happens when the employee is no longer allowed to install programs himself ...

Thank you and kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Deutsche Grundlichkeit!

Thanks so much for telling the reason of the problem. Thread can be closed I suppose?  I marked your answer as 'correct'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate is BACKWARD compatible, but not FORWARD compatible: 
https://infosemantics.com.au/adobe-captivate-backward-compatibility/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources