• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2017 Learning Interaction Gadget Responsive html5 output not preview in chrome

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Captivate 2017 Learning Interaction gadget in two slides. I am not able to view the html5 output in chrome browser. But It is working in firefox browser.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

If you are testing this HTML5 content locally from your own PC hard drive, try uploading the content to a web server or LMS and test it from there.  You may find that it works perfectly then.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are testing this HTML5 content locally from your own PC hard drive, try uploading the content to a web server or LMS and test it from there.  You may find that it works perfectly then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried on the web server, but I faced .json issue.

Captivate chrome issue.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  Captivate's HTML5 output now requires servers to have JSON enabled.

Try setting your module for SCORM 1.2 and upload it to SCORM Cloud to test there.  SCORM Cloud has JSON enabled so you should be able to see whether or not your learning interaction works or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SInce the second version of 9 JSON has to be supported by the webserver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with browsers is that the support for HTML is not stanfardized like it was for SWF output. Are you sure it is not the disabling of Autoplay in Chrome which is causing the problem. I totally agree with Rod that the only way to see the full functionality is to upload either to a webserver (if reportng is not used) or to a LMS. In the last case you could try testing in SCORM Cloud.    

Are you using the most recent version of 2017 which is 10.0.1.286?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have published only HTML5 not scorm package. In this case what I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it's not a SCORM package then you will still need to upload it to a web server that supports JSON files to get a good test that eliminates the possibility that the issue is just browser security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources