Highlighted

Captivate 2017 Quiz not reporting score to SCORM Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. I'm sure there is a simple fix to my issue, but I'm so close to the content I can't see it.

• I created a course in Captivate 2017.
  • The course contains a quiz of 10 questions each scored at 10 points each.
  • The quiz is required.
  • Passing is 80%.
  • The learner can retake the quiz if he/she fails (less than 80%).
  • I added three click boxes to the last slide of the course. This is a slide of resources the learner can access for more information.
  • I want to track if learners click these boxes or not.
  • I've added those click boxes to the quiz, unchecked the add to total option and checked report answers.
  • When I do this, Captivate moves the results slide to the last slide in the course.
  • I want the learner to view the resources slide (slide with the click boxes) before seeing the results slide.
  • To achieve this, I created a blank slide after the last question in the quiz. I set an action on enter to jump to the results slide.
  • The learner can then click continue to view the resources slide, or click retake to retake the quiz.
  • Everything works fine with the exception of the score reporting. The score isn't reporting to SCORM Cloud.
  • The pass/fail and completion information is reporting just fine, but not the score.

Below are screen shots of the publish/quiz settings.

I should also add, I've got an advanced action on the results slide to customize the pass/fail messages and retake button if the learner passes/fails. This is set on enter. I've included an image of that as well.

Any suggestions of what I've done wrong and how to fix the issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Captivate 2017 Quiz not reporting score to SCORM Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. I'm sure there is a simple fix to my issue, but I'm so close to the content I can't see it.

• I created a course in Captivate 2017.
  • The course contains a quiz of 10 questions each scored at 10 points each.
  • The quiz is required.
  • Passing is 80%.
  • The learner can retake the quiz if he/she fails (less than 80%).
  • I added three click boxes to the last slide of the course. This is a slide of resources the learner can access for more information.
  • I want to track if learners click these boxes or not.
  • I've added those click boxes to the quiz, unchecked the add to total option and checked report answers.
  • When I do this, Captivate moves the results slide to the last slide in the course.
  • I want the learner to view the resources slide (slide with the click boxes) before seeing the results slide.
  • To achieve this, I created a blank slide after the last question in the quiz. I set an action on enter to jump to the results slide.
  • The learner can then click continue to view the resources slide, or click retake to retake the quiz.
  • Everything works fine with the exception of the score reporting. The score isn't reporting to SCORM Cloud.
  • The pass/fail and completion information is reporting just fine, but not the score.

Below are screen shots of the publish/quiz settings.

I should also add, I've got an advanced action on the results slide to customize the pass/fail messages and retake button if the learner passes/fails. This is set on enter. I've included an image of that as well.

Any suggestions of what I've done wrong and how to fix the issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please allow Backward movement.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lilybiri. Thanks for the tip. I changed the quiz preference settings to allow backward movement.

Unfortunately, the score still isn't reporting to SCORM Cloud. I get a pass/fail and a complete/incomplete status, but not a score.

Any other suggestions?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What bothers me is ".... to customize the pass/fail messages and retake button"

What do you mean by customize the Retake button? It is an embedded object with added functionality. What did you customize?

Add the system variable cpQuizInfoPointsscored in a text container at the start of the quiz and time it for the rest of the project. That will allow to track its value, which seems to be reset to 0.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri, I customized the pass / fail message. Meaning, if the learner scores 80% or higher the following text box displays:

"Congratulations! You passed"

If the learner scores less than 80%, the fail message displays along with the retake quiz button.

"Sorry, you didn't pass. Click retake the retake the quiz, or continue to continue the course."

I didn't specifically customize the retake quiz button. It is the system retake quiz button that displays on the quiz results slide if I choose to allow the learner to retake the quiz.

I see how my previous post explanation was confusing about the retake quiz button.

I'm using the system generated quiz results slide and retake quiz button. I only customized the pass/fail text messages and created an advanced action.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try the debugging tacking with the system variable?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lilybiri. I'm not sure I understand what you want me to do. Debugging "tacking the system variable?"

Would you please elaborate?

Thanks much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Insert the system variable cpQuizInfoPointsscored in a caption or a shape on the first quiz slide, time it for the rest of the project, always on top. Watch that variable while testing: when is the scroe reset to 0, sinc eyou don't have it reported?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I missed that from your earlier message.

Yes, I did add that system variable and it is tracking the points correctly.

I passed the quiz (100%) and the variable was adding the score correctly. It doesn't reset unless I choose to retake the quiz.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means something is wrong with the reporting setup.

I see now that you changed the Required field, it is a bit contradictory with the SCORM setup. Can you try to reset the Required field to Optional?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again Lilybiri. I made that change but the course still isn't reporting a score.

I did however discover that if let the course advance to the resources slide before advancing to the quiz results slide, the score does report to SCORM cloud.

The issue seems to be with the fact that I'm skipping the resources slide (the slide with the click boxes I want to track) and jumping to the results slide instead.

I've set the results slide continue button to jump to the resources slide.

It seems the resources slide must be viewed before the results slide for the score to report SCORM cloud.

Is there anyway around this so the scoring still reports to SCORM cloud and the learner sees the results slide, before the resources slide?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group