Highlighted

captivate 2017: slide not appearing in published file

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am having an issue with a slide not appearing in production mode. The slide appears when I preview the file in Preview mode, but when I render the file in HTML5 mode and then review it from there, the slide does not appear. The audio for the slide plays, along with the closed captioning, but its appearing along with the previous slide. Very bizarre. I rendered it twice and tested each time, and the slide is just not coming up.  Any idea how I can fix this?

Both slides are PowerPoint slides. The first slide contains audio with captioning along with a button set to appear for 'rest of slide'  'Pause after' option is turned off as clicking this button is optional. Once the audio for this slide is finished, the next slide should appear. The next slide has audio, captioning and a couple of arrows (shapes).  Like I said, the audio for this (i.e. next) slide plays, but it plays along with the text of the previous slide.

help!

thanks, Marion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

captivate 2017: slide not appearing in published file

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am having an issue with a slide not appearing in production mode. The slide appears when I preview the file in Preview mode, but when I render the file in HTML5 mode and then review it from there, the slide does not appear. The audio for the slide plays, along with the closed captioning, but its appearing along with the previous slide. Very bizarre. I rendered it twice and tested each time, and the slide is just not coming up.  Any idea how I can fix this?

Both slides are PowerPoint slides. The first slide contains audio with captioning along with a button set to appear for 'rest of slide'  'Pause after' option is turned off as clicking this button is optional. Once the audio for this slide is finished, the next slide should appear. The next slide has audio, captioning and a couple of arrows (shapes).  Like I said, the audio for this (i.e. next) slide plays, but it plays along with the text of the previous slide.

help!

thanks, Marion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 12, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect this is a non-responsive project? In that case, when you talke about 'Preview mode' you have to be aware of the fact the the only Preview method that will show approximately the HTML output, is F11, Preview HTML in Browser. What is the situation in that preview method?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, this is non-responsive mode.

in preview mode, when i select 'next 5 slides', starting with the slide before the one that's the problem, all of the 5 slides run as expected. it's only when i render the HTML5 file and preview it form there that i encounter the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2018 0
Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview Next 5 slides is using SWF output, not HTML output. You need to use F11, Preview HTML in Browser.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2018 1
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi again. i just moved the slide that's not loading down past the next slide and it's still not loading. so it looks like the issue is with that slide and not the previous one that seems to 'stick' to the screen.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just to give you context...

slide 1: title slide with 'begin' button to launch module

slide 2: duplicate title slide with audio/caption and optional 'download transcript' button

slide 3: instruction slide: how to navigate the module

slide 4: learning objectives.

slide 2 plays just fine but slide 3 does not appear - only the audio for slide 3 plays but it plays over slide 2 title page

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI again. i deleted the slide from the project, recreated it with another name in PowerPoint and then added it back in. and i am still having the same issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2018 0
Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imported PPT slides use the Blank master slide. Did you edit that master slide? 

In PPT do you have any animations that need a mouse click to advance?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used this exact same slide in another project and it worked just fine. No animation or mouse clicks required; that's why I don't understand why it does not work.

Anyways, I decided to copy an existing PowerPoint slide that does work in this project and re-purpose it for the slide that was not working. I then inserted that slide back into the project and it now works.

Thank you for the F11 tip!  I can now move forward with this project.

Have a great day, Marion

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2018 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you found a workaround.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2018 0