• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2017 - TOC does not scale to match the height of the presentation (too long/tall)

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Captivate 2017, when I reduce the size of my browser window, my presentation scales down to match the width of my browser (which is what I want).  However, the TOC does not scale, and extends below the content - even though I only have a few entries in the TOC.  What am I doing wrong?  Is there a way to make the TOC not extend past the content?  Thanks.

LongTOC.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

That was inportant missing information. Rescalble is the simplest way to

make a project display on all devices, but non-respomsive

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you publish? If it is to HTML, please check 'Scalable HTML' in the publish dialog box. Have a look at this published interactive movie, it has a TOC in overlay, you can rescale as you want and the TOC never will be higher than the rest:

Captivate's Timeline

Can you check the version number, just in case you are ot aware of the existing patch to 10.0.1.285.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project a responsive project, and I'm publishing to HTML5.  I don't see the "Scalable HTML content" option for responsive projects.

Your Captivate's Timeline project behaves the way I want mine to behave.  Is there any way to achieve this with a responsive project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was inportant missing information. Rescalble is the simplest way to

make a project display on all devices, but non-respomsive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that we were supposed to do everything responsive now.  [Insert smiley here.]  Not the answer I was hoping to get, but it seems like the true answer.  Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you may be seeing here could just be an issue with the TOC not redrawing in the browser after you have resized the viewing area.  Try resizing the browser and then hitting the refresh icon in the browser address bar (or hit F5).  Does the TOC then seem to fall where it should?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Common misunderstanding, due to the hype about marketing which is not always corresponding with the demands.  Only 10% of my created projects need to be really responsive. All the published examples on my blog are rescalable projects. Some other eLearning authoring tool claim that thier projects are responsive, while they are simply rescalable projects.

Have a look at my comparison:

Fluid Boxes Or Breakpoint Views? - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources