• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2017 trying to create a Scored Quiz without forcing the correct answer

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

It's my first time trying to create a quiz in Captivate. I created some Question slides which act as a post-test. I want it scored by % and I don't want the user to know whether they got the right answer or not until the reported score is shown at the end. I'm also a classroom instructor. The purpose of using Captivate is that I'll be going around to each workstation in the class and jotting down the score by person. We don't have an LMS. All is good except the question slide doesn't allow me to move forward (after I publish and test it) unless I select the correct answer. Is there a setting that I need to set to allow the student to move past the incorrect answer? It's a multiple choice questionnaire.

Any quick help that you can provide would be soooo much appreciated!

By the way, I tried the pre-test concept and it didn't seem to score at all.

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

I don't understand,, are you sure you didn't choose Knowledge Check slides instead of normal quiz slides? KC slides are set up with Infinite attempts, which means indeed that the learner can only continue when the correct answer is chosen. A normal quiz slide has a set up with 1 attempt, and allows to continue after that attempt, whether correct or wrong answer.

Have a look at this blog, one out of a seqquence of many:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/02/captivates-quizzes-2-submit-process/

All

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand,, are you sure you didn't choose Knowledge Check slides instead of normal quiz slides? KC slides are set up with Infinite attempts, which means indeed that the learner can only continue when the correct answer is chosen. A normal quiz slide has a set up with 1 attempt, and allows to continue after that attempt, whether correct or wrong answer.

Have a look at this blog, one out of a seqquence of many:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/02/captivates-quizzes-2-submit-process/

All my quiz articles are mentioned in a pdf which you can download from this post:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/11/quiz-resources/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri! You gave me the clue that I needed! It did originally make it one attempt. However, in playing with it, I changed it to infinite so that people could try it multiple times before the scoring. So I changed it back to "1" and that did the trick. Thanks so much for your valuable time! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have a look at the blog posts, lot to learn about Quizzing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources