Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2017 - Unpublished slide content is reverting to Times New Roman

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I recently had to reinstall my copy of Adobe Captivate 2017 when I changed over to a Windows 10 machine. When people send me copies of their .cptx courses to test or fix, the unpublished slide text content is all appearing in Times New Roman, even though it was all originally authored in Calibri.  I have gone into my themes and set all my text styles to Calibri, and then imported the style file, and have run the .cptx file again, and it is still showing up as Times New Roman.

Why is this happening, and how can I stop it from happening?  About 30 .cptx files were "contaminated" by this before it got caught by QA.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Calibri is not a websafe font at all. Normally that means that users who have that font installed will see it, the other will see the generic font which is Times New Roman indeed. I wonder if there is a difference in the Calibiri on your machine and the one on their systems? Anyway not a goot idea to use a non-websafe font at all. Why not use a Typekit font that looks alike and willb e guaranteed to be visible on any system?

Not an immediate solution for your problem, totally aware of that.

You edited the object syles in the Object Manager? Were the used styles default styles or overridden styles? Did you save the custom theme and try to apply it on a new project: does it show the correct font in that case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

So, I tried importing a style file from our team's template (which uses Trebuchet as the default), and it could not find the font.  Everywhere that it is Trebuchet as the font in my co-worker's object style manager, it says "No Font Selected" in my object style manager (hence, it defaulting to Times).

I've checked my windows font folder, and trebuchet is there - all the variants - and it is version 5.15, which is the same as my co-worker's font. 

It is also appearing in the list in Captivate when I go to manually change the font on a caption and is successfully changing to Trebuchet when I make the manual change.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have overlooked this question:

Were the used styles default styles or overridden styles?

I am also bit worried about the word 'template'. Are you using a "cptl "file in the comany? They are very buggy at this moment. For consistent design a custom theme is all what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support was able to handle this issue - it turns out it was a combo of missing a certain font on my PC, and also my Trebuchet font was damaged or corrupted or something and needs to be reinstalled.  Case closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting. It was indeed a problem with the font  as I suspected from the start. I closed the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources