• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 11.5.0 update issues

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to run the update that keeps coming up in my Captivate 2019 (11.5.0).  After following the instructions given, it gets to 90% and stops.  Because it will not update, now Captivate 2019 is removed from my computer (twice now).  Adobe tells me to contact my system administrator - problem: Our IT Department has no idea why this is happening and it took a day and a half to get Captivate 2019 reloaded on my work computer!

What gives Adobe?!  Since you won't let me contact you and our IT Department can't contact you this is the only way I know to get the message out there...

TOPICS
Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened to me to on my home computer. Had to re-install 2019 and ran the update again, which worked. Was  talking to a client yesterday and they cannot get it to install either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Tried installing and got 184 error message saying to reboot computer and try again. After reboot, I am no longer able to open Captivate at all getting a series of error messages. I am not impressed since this is the only program that I have had issues updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the installation files again. Make sure that you are logged in the CC app, because your account needs to be verified for the Typekit integration. Do not forget to run the CleanPreferences… file from 'utils' before reinstalling. You may need to delete the Layouts as well in Public Documents (for Windows).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information!  I will let our IT Department know about your advice.

FYI: We have never been able to pull Captivate 2019 or previous versions from CC.  It has always been downloaded separately; not sure why, but the Captivate does not show up in CC.  Might be an issue with how our network is set up in the company???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate is NOT part of CC, but you need to open CC app to be able to use

Adobe fonts in Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to install the update with my IT rep on the line. Stops at 72%. Tried multiple times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you clean Preferences before install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

Just went through the update process with my Adobe Admin.

Once you start the update process - close Captivate and let the updater run. Update ran successfully.

This step would have been nice to know in the instructions for downloading the update...just saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did that still stops at 72%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources