Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 Accessibility Features

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I need to enable accessibility features in my eLearning project. I am referring the Adobe link to build my accessible learning project Captivate User Guide (adobe.com) However, there are a few things which I am not sure.

• Can we test tab order functionality in published output through a browser?
  • How can we enable and disable objects (if I don't need some objects) from tab order even from slide master?
  • Will there be duplication of narration - on object (alt-text) and slide audio narration
  •  How to enable accessibility for images
  • In the Item Accessibility for every object, there are 2 fields for manual entry: Accessibility Name and Description. Which of the following text will be read out by the screen reader?
  • Is Accessibility Description equivalent to Alternate Text?
TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out the following session from last year's eLearning World Conference. Anita Horsley did this session that includes a complete guide to accessibility in Captivate. Check it out. https://elearning.adobe.com/2020/06/a-complete-guide-to-create-an-accessible-elearning-course/

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Paul for sharing the link. This resource is really going to help me. Appreciate your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed an NVDA screen reader. There are few more open items based on the testing. Any advise

• Text fields are not read out by NVDA
  • Tab order objects are auto-selected in Captivate. I can't customize (add/delete) objects from the tab order
  • Although I provided custom text in the Description (within the Accessibility panel in Properties), the screen reader is not reading the updated text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The tab ordering is for interactive objects.  If you want to tab through mere text objects, then use Smart Shapes and set them to be Smart Shape buttons with no action assigned.  That usually means they get picked up by the screen reader.  You still have to assign the alternate text in the Accessibility panel as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources