• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 - Apply effect on an object not working when project is published

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have created an effect in Captivate 2019 where the end user selects a button and additional information (text on shape group) eases in from the right.

I created the effect on the button by selecting Apply Effect on the button's Properties panel, selecting the object name (in this case group) and then selecting the desired effect. 

It works fine in preview but when I publish to HTML, SWF or both, it does not work. A colleague and I have tried a number of options including advanced actions etc and we are stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

Megan.

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please insert a screenshot of the Timeline? I suspect that the effect is paused by an interactive object. As for using Custom effects in an advanced action, have a look at:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/how-to-use-custom-effect-in-actions

You say it works fine In Preview? Which preview do you mean? The only way to test functionality in a non-responsive project is to use F11, Preview HTML in Browser. I suspect you are talking about Play Slide, which is NOT a preview method, just an alternative for the play button on the Timeline panel. I wished the team never had put Play Slide under the big button Preview because that is very confusing for most users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to post a screenshot of the timeline as I had to go with a simple show/hide due to deveolopment timeframes. In Captivate 2019 I select the Preview button in the top ribbon and a drop down menu appears. I usually select 'From this Slide'. I have been working with a 'guru' on this and even he is stumped. He put me onto the solution you posted above however its not worked.

Preview.jpg

Megan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confused. Why are you not able to post a screenshot of the Timeline, which is the MOST IMPORTANT panel in any Captivate project?

From the dropdown screenshot I see that you are in a non-responsive project. You may ignore that in that type of project the only Preview which will show HTML5 output approximately is F11, Preview HTML in Browser. All other previews (Play slide is NOT a preview) use a temporary SWF output which may be totally different. Ask your guru.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I explained above, I have opted for another solution due to development timeframes so the properties panel no longer shows the applied effect. Appreciate your attempt to help but not sure I appreciate lack of professionalism in your response. Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources