• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 audio files crash the program

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me.

I have mp3 files in my project. They played fine at first, but now I don't hear them, and when I try to preview in the library, Captivate crashes. I tried to delete them and start again, but again, if I touch one in the library, crash! I tried deleting all instances of the audio files, then go the "select unused items" in the library to delete, but they don't get selected, and thus I can't delete. It's like that audio folder in the library is frozen. My video files play just fine. It's just the audio files.

Sigh.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Advanced , Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Can you try to re-encode the audio clips using the Adobe Media Encoder? Maybe they don't use the right codec.

It is always better to use the uncompressed wav files instead of mp3 files. When published Captivate will compress to mp3. But if you import mp3 files, and you want to edit them, Captivate needs to convert them (decompress) to wav and that is not always good for the quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try to re-encode the audio clips using the Adobe Media Encoder? Maybe they don't use the right codec.

It is always better to use the uncompressed wav files instead of mp3 files. When published Captivate will compress to mp3. But if you import mp3 files, and you want to edit them, Captivate needs to convert them (decompress) to wav and that is not always good for the quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Lilybiri. I did try it as a wav file, and it worked. Then I went back to the mp3, and made it mono, and that worked. Funny, I had never realized that the audio files were so particular. Now I know. Again, as always, thanks for your help Lilybiri!

Be well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! Glad it helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources