Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 Button Question

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon everyone,

I have tried to find an answer to my question, but have yet been able to find out if it is even something that can be changed. I have Button interactions set up on a project that I am working on, when you currently click on them, they size down about 4 pixels to show that they are being selected. Is there a way to prevent that 4 pixel downscale that seems to automatically be set or, do I need to go about another way of create buttons with a different down state that does not scale?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

I would never recommend to use the image button, workflow is too cumbersome. Use a transparent button, which you can fill with an image, and add a label to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could have a look at y blog post, comparing the 6 types of buttons:

Overview 6 Button Types - Captivate blog

The shrinking which tries to mimick the pressing of the button (it is not remaining after having pressed) happens for the newer types of buttons: shape buttons, SVG used as button, Bitmap used as button. If this is really critical for you ,stay with the older types: text button, transparent button or image button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lily, I had a feeling that image button was going to be the way to go. I am really new to Captivate, and honestly have very little programming knowledge. I am actually just a course writer so all of this is new to me and I am learning as I go. I will follow your blog though and read up on those buttons. Any information I obtain is only going to help me. Thank you again for your quick response, it was very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would never recommend to use the image button, workflow is too cumbersome. Use a transparent button, which you can fill with an image, and add a label to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources