Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 can't find an audio device

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I try to record an audio in Captivate 2019, it gives me the following error:

Divya5CC9_0-1622612927816.png

My recording device (RealTek) is configured but it's not showing up in the Audio Settings. It displays only the 'Custom' option.

I'd also like to indicate that I work on a VDI (if at all the issue has something to do with this).

Any pointers on how I can resolve this?

Thanks,

Divya

TOPICS
Audio and video , Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect indeed that this is linked with being on a Virtual Desktop Infrostructure. Captivate needs to be run on the system itself, especially for capturing processes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response! It must be the VDI then. I wasn't aware that Captivate may have limitations when you work with it on a virtual machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to know that I didn't double-check. In the past (during beta testing) I have been using a VM for Captivate, but never to do a recording. And from experience I know that exactly that workflow is the most sensitive. It is more like a suspicion, not certain. I suspect the audio device plays well in other applications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now that you asked me about other applications, I just figured that the audio device on the VM doesn't have the controller or jack information in its properties. I remember we'd tried recording in another application on a different VM and we ended up with just the video, no audio. So it really might be the VM limitation with audio devices I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources