• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 changing default speech agent

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the extra speech agents for Adobe Captivate 2019.  I restarted the computer.

I went back into a slide to add a new speech to text section on a slide.  My default speech agent is David.  I click on Julie and type in my new speech.  Then I generated the audio.  When I preview the slide the speech agent is still in David.

Why won't it change to Julie?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

you said "when I previewed the slide the speech agent is still in David" 

do you mean when you preview the slide the speech agent AUDIO is still David? or when you reselect the "Text-to-Speech" button the agent is still set to David?

If it is speech agent is still David, try clicking opening the text-to-speech dialogue, and select or click the top portion so the text "Slide 3" (or whatever number slide it is) is BOLD, then generate the audio, press the play button to make sure it switched) and then close and preview your project.

If the problem is happening when you open the Text-to-Speech dialoge box and the name is still set to the OLD speech agent, that is because every slide seems to remember the last speech agent used. So if you change to Julie on one slide, it might not be Julie when you open it from a different slide. But if you duplicate a slide that has Julie it should show Julie when you open it back up.

if its just acting wonky, then you can try deleting the preferences which on a mac is under Applications/Adobe Captivate 2019/utils/ and then double-click CleanPreferencesMac. (there is a "CleanPreferencesWin" so you can do a search for it)
THis will restore your Captivate to when you just downloaded it.

You could export your preferences if you didnt want to lose all your settings (File>Export>Preferences...) and then after you delete your preferences you can try to see if this fixes the problem. Then you can try importing the old ones back in (File>Import>Preferences...) and see if it still works.

If not, you will have to delete them again.

Hope this helps!

cheers,
mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which version do you use? Did you indicate the agent for one sentence and generate TTS, or just change the default agent on top?

You clear Preferences when yuo suspect that Captivate has corrupted. Never re-import those preferences in that case. You can save some custom settings and restore them later on. More info in this older post which is still valid for recent versions:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/cativate-8-dot-0-1-install-keep-your-customisation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources