Highlighted

Captivate 2019: Configured Exit Button & Playbar Exit closing out LMS completely

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I am still kind of new to Captivate and LMS publishing so bear with me! I have a SCORM file loaded in the Schoox LMS that ends with a smart shape button with the action set to "Exit." In the LMS, once you get to that slide and click the exit button the entire LMS closes. So, users would have to log back in after each completed project which is not going to work. I adjusted the Start/End setting in the publishing options to "Close Project" from Stop Project and that didn't help. Is this something that can be fixed in Captivate at all, or does this sound like an LMS issue? The exit button on the project playbar also closes the entire LMS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Captivate 2019: Configured Exit Button & Playbar Exit closing out LMS completely

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I am still kind of new to Captivate and LMS publishing so bear with me! I have a SCORM file loaded in the Schoox LMS that ends with a smart shape button with the action set to "Exit." In the LMS, once you get to that slide and click the exit button the entire LMS closes. So, users would have to log back in after each completed project which is not going to work. I adjusted the Start/End setting in the publishing options to "Close Project" from Stop Project and that didn't help. Is this something that can be fixed in Captivate at all, or does this sound like an LMS issue? The exit button on the project playbar also closes the entire LMS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 07, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It feels like a LMS issue. To double-check upload the course to SCORM Cloud (can be done for free for a limited number of courses) and see if you can reproduce the situation. It is not normal I think.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Exit action is not closing the entire LMS. (I am fairly certain the server is still running in the background.) What you mean is that hitting that Exit button is closing the LMS browser window in which you were viewing the course.

Each LMS is different in the way that it works and with many LMSs there are multiple ways to configure the way the course content is displayed in the web browser.  However, in most cases it is NOT a good idea to use the Exit action for the reasons you have discovered.

I would suggest you change the action on that button to just Continue so that it allows the timeline to continue until the end of the final slide.  Set your Project > Start and End setting to Stop Project.  What should be happening is that when your SCORM reaches the end of the final slide and stops playing, the LMS should detect the SCORM calls being emitted by the module and then closes or reconfigures the window so that the LMS displays the results.

As always, if you want to find out whether any given LMS behaviour is being caused by the SCORM or the LMS, just upload the same SCORM to SCORM Cloud and test it there.  If you get a different result, you blame your LMS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. Some of our team members were getting a browser alert asking if they wanted to close the tab or the entire browser window and were able to continue on to the next "step" in the course. I will try reconfiguring the exit button as you suggested to see if that makes any difference in the browsers closing out the window! Thank you so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0