Exit

Captivate 2019 courses will not load in a third party LMS

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem identical to this one, but NOT on Prime:

Re: Captivate 2019 courses will not load in Captivate Prime

I also had no playback bar, I tried adding it and publishing - it didn't help.

I also found the suggestion to add cp.movie.play(); to the index_scorm.html file, and it didn't help either. 

I reached out to Adobe online and they rapidly tried to refer me to Creative Suite, then Prime, then gave me a generic support phone number.  Finally, someone from Prime support forwarded my e-mail to the Captivate team, but I haven't heard back yet.  I'm also contacting our LMS support team, but they haven't gotten back to me either.

While I'm waiting to hear back from them, has anyone else experienced this and found a way to fix it?  I keep hoping that I can just add a magic line to the code somewhere to fix it, vs. starting over in 2017, which always worked fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First version of CP2017 still had enabled AutoPlay, from its second version on, that is no longer the case. I hope you are aware of that?

Are you on the most recent release of CP2019, which is 11.0.1.266?

First you have to check if the problems are due to the LMS or to Captivate. To do so, check the output in SCORM Cloud, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm aware of changes with AutoPlay, but I believe I've been using the second version of 2017, and had no issues.  If I'm mistaken and I've been using the first version, what do you recommend I do differently in 2019 to correct for it?

I can't tell if I'm on 11.0.1.266, but I'm on 11.0.1, and 'Check for updates' is saying that my app is up to date.  That was the first thing I tried yesterday upon finding the older thread.  Alas, I already had the current version and it didn't help.

The course outputs to SCORM cloud just fine.  Loads and works as intended.  Unfortunately, I don't control anything on our LMS.  I just submit our courses to them, they do the loading.  I'm reaching out to them, but can't do anything on my own until they respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Course playing fine on SCORM Cloud, means that nothing is wrong with Captivate, but you have to look at the LMS. Since you used it successfully with CP2017, the server is supporting JSON mimetype.

Has anything changed in the LMS: updates?

BTW: full version number is visible under Help; About Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually now that you mention it, I do recall getting an e-mail telling us that if we have any courses being developed, we should halt the upload for a few days because they are doing updates.  Unfortunately, though, they are third party to us as well, and I have no visibility of updates.  But I did want to cover my bases and make sure that our course wasn't the problem or that there wasn't an easy possible solution while I'm waiting for the LMS to act. 

Thank you, I do, indeed, have .266

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources