• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 courses will not load in Captivate Prime

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my courses (nothing special, just blank projects with a short quiz at the end) created in captivate prior to the 2019 release load just fine in Captivate Prime. But now, all I get is the loading circle forever. I've created all of these through a windows 2010 system and they are SCORM enabled. Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Editing , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

I found this post after running into the same issue.  I just spoke to Pranav at the Adobe Help Desk - this is a problem with the 2019 11.0.0.x release.  If you have this problem, go to Help> Check for Updates to get the current version (as of this post it's 11.0.1.266).  This probably wasn't available at the time the original post was written, but it is now ; )

Tested and confirmed with one of the courses I had this issue with - it is running in Prime without the playbar (but that was a great wor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Captivate were these courses previously published from?  What output are you now using (SWF or HTML5)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously Captivate 2017. HTML5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uploading the same SCORM to SCORM Cloud to see if it works from there.  If it does, then the issue would seem to be with Captivate Prime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it is worth, I can confirm this.

I saw the post shortly after having updated a few modules in Prime myself and thought I should check them.

I have the same issue.

My 2019 modules don't play but the 2017 modules do.

The 2019 module plays fine in SCORM cloud.

I can also confirm that it does not matter if I publish and then upload or publish to Prime directly from within Captivate.

I will post on the Prime forums as well and reference this post as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeremy. This thread should probably better be moved to the Prime forum? I could move it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm the same. The small amount of success I have had is copying the slides from a course that won't load and pasting them into a blank project then uploading that project to Prime. It plays. Then I went back and added my theme that was created from Captivate 2017 then re-uploaded. That version would not play. I'm still testing but my theory is that if any part of a course created in Captivate 2017 is changed through Captivate 2019 and uploaded, it will not play because the contains objects from Cpt 2017. Maybe Prime will only accept new material created only with Cpt 2019? This could be a reach though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so this has to be a bug. I tested a bunch of different things and I've narrowed it down to the Project > Skin Editor > Show Playback Control. All of my courses do not currently have this enabled (I just don't care for it, I like my buttons better). I enabled this and the course will load. Really strange. Would you mind trying this and see what results you get? Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was extremely helpful! thank you so much! you saved me a lot of time trying to fix this bug - much appreciated!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this post after running into the same issue.  I just spoke to Pranav at the Adobe Help Desk - this is a problem with the 2019 11.0.0.x release.  If you have this problem, go to Help> Check for Updates to get the current version (as of this post it's 11.0.1.266).  This probably wasn't available at the time the original post was written, but it is now ; )

Tested and confirmed with one of the courses I had this issue with - it is running in Prime without the playbar (but that was a great workaround, Stephen!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this. Indeed, the patch to 11.0.1.266 was released in October, and this thread started in September.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I just downloaded 2019 2 weeks ago.  I checked - I have 11.0.1.  Still having the same issue.

I tried Stephen's workaround as well, and it didn't work for me either. 

Completely at a loss as to what to do except start over in 2017, which I'm loathe to do since it will set me back 3 weeks.  If I'd known, I wouldn't have upgraded. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you post this in the Prime forum as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, because we're not using Prime, but a different LMS.  We had no issues with uploading 2017 files, just switched to 2019 and can't do it anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means your question has nothing to do with the title of this thread. If you want help, please post a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, my question matches 2/3 of the original question, so I wouldn't say that it has "nothing" to do with it.  I am also using Captivate 2019, and I'm also experiencing the same problem, only on a different LMS.  It seems quite likely that the problems are related.  I thought this would be more effective than starting an identical thread about a different LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since thread is marked answered.... good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources