• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 file - compatability issues with LMS and IE "content not supported in Document Mode"

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
I am working on a Captivate 2019 course that is being hosted on a client's LMS and the client is using IE (version 11). When they open the module, they see this message "The content you are trying to view is not supported in the current Document Mode of Internet Explorer. Change the Document Mode to Internet Explorer 9 Standards and try to view the content again. To chnage the Document Mode, press F12, click Document Mode and hten select Internet Explorer 9 Standards." 

When they follow these instructions, the course opens but the slides are cut off at the bottom. Attached is a picture - you can see the Next and Previous arrows are cut off.  

I am not able to recreate this error when viewing through SCORM Cloud. And what information I did find I believe says it has to be published to SWF which isn't an option with Flash going away. 

Is there a setting in the Captivate source file I should change or is there another fix? I have updated this course over a few years now and never experienced this issue - only with the latest release of Captivate.  

Thank you for your help, 

Michele

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE is the worst HTML student...

Since it works in SCORM Cloud, the problem is probably with the LMS if it is not due to IE. Even MS is not developing IE anymore since it released Edge years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some companies are hanging on to it... is the alternative to re-create? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the modules scaling or are they fixed?

I wonder about using a fixed size for this client. They could then use the CTRL + scroll  to resize the content to their liking.

I also wonder if doing  a full screen view would help - I think it is F11 to do full screen - perhaps it would give them the last few pixels getting cut off.

I am sort of just troubleshooting "out loud" as I ponder this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. It is scaling. It's a very large audience and not sure we could get out the instructions for the CTRL+Scroll very easily. Perahps the F11 trick may work. I'll give the Fixed size a try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources