Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 freezes during publishing

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day to everyone,

I am using a newly installed version of Captivate 2019, and attempting to publish a lesson to HTML5, into a folder located on my desktop, part of the main drive of my computer.  However, during the publishing process, the system gets stuck in the Optimizing Content phase of publishing... and never completes the publishing and zipping of the file. At that time, it also slows down my computer from the state-of-the-art, fresh-out-of-the-box Core-I9 super highspeed laptop that it is, to something more resembling an i386, circa 1997.

I have looked through the forums, and on Google, but I still have not been able to find an answer on how to fix this.  I would value any suggestions you amazing professionals might have on how to resolve this issue.

Thank you!

OptimizingContent.jpg

J. Kamradt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you usre your profile is on your system, not a roaming profile?

If you are on Windows, do you run Captivate with 'Run as Admininistrator feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri​, if you are ever in the Lansing region, I owe you coffee and a lunch!  The key was "Run as Administrator".  The minute I fixed that, I can now publish.

Thank you so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to look up where you are (Michigan). Bit far away, I am in Belgium.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have captivate 2019 and suddenly i'm not able to publish old projects only new ones. When I try to publish old projects my computer freezes. I cant run it as admin because is a enterprise computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dec 2023 - I'm having the exact same problem and I have tried several things including Run as Administrator and nothing is working.

1) Double checked I have no HTML5 issues or SWF issues 

2) Removed all animations and transitions

3) Cleared my preferences

4) Cleared my cache

5) Uninstalled and reinstalled

So, I'm still at freezing on Optimizing Content. It just spins and spins for hours.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please, do not post the same issue, twice, you just make me work more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources