Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 : Full screen e-learning project

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like te create an e-leanring project (Captivate 2019) and I want that it starts from the begining in fullscreen and all the other slides also in FS,  when I try to create a nomal project ( not responsive) there is no option for full screen, i have to setup the resolution and when I do it, as resuls i have the borders on right and left and a grey bar below because I have deactivated the playbar. (See pic)

What i want , that the full screen is een blue.

Could you help please ?

Thx,

Karim

TOPICS
Advanced , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Skin Editor used the second tab 'Borders' to turn off the borders.

Try using Scalable HTML when publishing to HTML5. If the width/height ratio of the real estate in the browser is the same as in your project, it could work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, for the borders below, it's done.

But I have always the borders on rignt and left, and I publish my project with the option "Scalable HTML" activated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are not borders but due to a wrong choice of the height/width setup in the original project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know that you will ever truly escape having borders due to the differences in monitor size and resolution across all those who might potentially view the course.

Even when scalable, it will only scale until the max height or width is reached - whichever comes first.

If your project is published at a different aspect ratio than the monitor the learner is using - they'll be stuck with borders either on top and bottom or on the left and right.

The scaling will maintain the aspect ratio of the project and will not stretch to conform to the aspect ratio of the monitor being used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri and Stagprime are correct.  Scalable HTML will get you a module that scales up or down at runtime but only until the edge touches either the top or side of the browser window, then it stops.

You mentioned in your first post that you are NOT using responsive design.  If you really require the module to stretch to all four sides of the browser, only Breakpoint or Fluid Box responsive courses will do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The responsive project with Captivate is limited to 1024/627 px (If i'm not mistaken), anyway it doesn't take the dimension of a ful HD screen. 

I saw some e-learning projects that are developped with another authoring tool and there is no border, and it take the whole screen, no matter which screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add a custom resolution which is higher, I always set the desktop resolutin to 1280 x 1024.

But how you will design a project that fits both in a HD resolution browser and an iPhone browser with a limit of  360px to have sattisfied learners is a mystery to me, even with Fluid Boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What I would to do actually is : To develop a course with small resolution for ex : 1280 x 1024, but I would like to have a color that I can choose for the background and it stretch to the whole screen , to make it look like it is a part of the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources