Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 - HTML5 output size

New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

For a project previously published in flash, I started the migration to HTML5. Frankly i didn't have many issues because most of the elements in my projects are supported in HTML5.

My big surprise was the size taken when I publish in HTML5 (no zip files, scalable content selected).

To give an example:

• One of my cptx is 11.5 MB
  • When I used to publish it in swf, it was 4 MB
  • When I publish in HTML5, the output is 25 MB. I tried all the adobe recommended changes to reduce the size (slide quality changed to low, size and quality settings change to low, no publish of adobe metadata...). With these changes, the size is now 23 MB.

I still find it quite heavy...

How is it possible that the HTML5 output is heavier that the cptx (sometimes than x2...) ?

Do you have any tips to reduce the size of the output ?

Thanks for your answers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not rescale graphics nor video in Captivate, but import them in the size you'll need them. 

Keep audio and video setting as low as possible for an acceptable quality.

If you are on the most recent version, use SVG instead of bitmap images when possible.

BTW: use the Project Info panel to check the future output file size. It has a Check button both for SWF and HTML output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately I didn't rescale images or videos when importing them.

In fact it's a software simulation recorded using captivate.
I am still surprised by the fact that html5 output is nearly 6 times bigger
than the good old swf format...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Software simulation in which mode?

In that case avoid Full Motion Recording slides whenever possible. If you have a lot, you need to know thtat those used to be FLV (Flash technology) but need now to be converted to MP4 when published which meams a much bigger file for each of those slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources