• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 HTML5 - Smart Shapes as buttons always jump to top

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past couple years, I've been using Captivate to build interactive flowcharts that allow the user to answer a question, and based on their answer, the next step in the process is revealed (each new step is a new slide, so the buttons just "jump to slide"). Point is, they're very long and users have to scroll down as it progresses. I've been publishing them as SWF, but we're in the process of converting to HTML5 now. When I publish as HTML5 only, and place the files on a web server, once I have to start scrolling down, every time I click a smart shape button, it jumps the project back to the top, and I have to scroll down again.

I realize that I should have probably used something like Dreamweaver, but I have to build in tools that my teammates are capable of using, too.

Is there a way to prevent it from jumping to the top when it goes to a new slide?

I've read that can happen if your buttons aren't defined as buttons in your HTML5, but I'm not finding that to be the case. Of course, I could be mistaken.

Captivate 2019 Release 11.5.0.476

HTML5 - Scalable HTML content is NOT selected

Browser: This happens in Chrome and in Edge

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tichelle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

I'm going to reply to my own question in case anyone else stumbles across this issue. I made some modifications to my flowchart, and as long as I have all of my objects on a single slide and start out with everything hidden except the first question, then I can use a series of show/hide actions, and the project does not jump to the top of the slide. This clearly has something to do with my current actions being "jump to slide".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm going to reply to my own question in case anyone else stumbles across this issue. I made some modifications to my flowchart, and as long as I have all of my objects on a single slide and start out with everything hidden except the first question, then I can use a series of show/hide actions, and the project does not jump to the top of the slide. This clearly has something to do with my current actions being "jump to slide".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources