Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 Master slide audio

Contributor ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Friends,

I have created a splash screen for my learning. It is an image and a sound clip. I want to add that to my theme. I am having difficulty getting the audio to work. Is ther a way to add audio to a slide in a theme?

Cheers,

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

@Eric  Since several versions cptil-files (templates) are very buggy. Never recommend their use anymore, please!

You cannot attach audio to an object on the master slide, you cannot trigger and advanced action On Enter for a master slide neither.  Themes are very powerful but meant mostly for design reasons: Color palette, object styles, master slides, skin and Recording defaults. Have a look at:

What's in a Theme - a Template? - Captivate blog

Why not use an external library, in which you store t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Can you confirm the version of Captivate you are using and of the OS ?

You can always Save As... Captivate Template. This would allow you to re-use the setup you have created to start new courses.

I don't think a theme will support more than design, styles, master slides... check at Work with themes in Adobe Captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Eric  Since several versions cptil-files (templates) are very buggy. Never recommend their use anymore, please!

You cannot attach audio to an object on the master slide, you cannot trigger and advanced action On Enter for a master slide neither.  Themes are very powerful but meant mostly for design reasons: Color palette, object styles, master slides, skin and Recording defaults. Have a look at:

What's in a Theme - a Template? - Captivate blog

Why not use an external library, in which you store the image and the sound clip (if you cannot attach it to the image)? Since templates got buggy I always use themes in combination with external libraries where I store much used assets and shared actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources