Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019: Pause in the timeline

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem with the Captivate 2019 timeline, when I try to add effects to shapes or try to make different objects appear in sequence, the timeline is paused in the middle of the appearance of the object or effect without any reason, and in the same way i don't know how to make the reproduction resume. I have no idea if this has to do with any action or directly this is the program.

Thanks, i appreciate your help.

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that some of the objects you have added to the timeline are actually interactive objects such as buttons?  If so, that will be the reason the timeline is pausing.  Can you show us a screenshot of your timeline panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seven objects in the timeline and only one are button. The problem is in all the slides that i create, i attach the screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pantallazo.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !... Rod is right (as usual)... It's your button (SmartShape_217) which causes your problem. It pauses your slide at 1,5 s. You can change its duration by selecting it , go to the top right panel, select duration and change 1,5 to 3. Or you can change the duration directly in the timeline with your mouse (Just move the pausing point  // to the right).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they are right, i searched and tried everything, i don't know why i didn't think that before haha, thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome !... (Try to give a specific name to all your objects on the slide...) Happy Captivating !...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, i'll keep in mind! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You already got the correct answer. Maybe look at sime articles about Timeline on my blog. Most visited one is - coincidence - Pausing the Timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources