• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 Publish HTML for SCORM not working in Android or iOS

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the process of converting some old SWF based Captivate projects into HTML5. The deployment is a SCORM baseed LMS. All materials are converted via Animate into OAM and updated to Captivate 2019 projects. When they are published in to HTML with SCORM setting on Report section (I selected AICC) they worked fine on desktop computers both MS Windows and Apple Mac. Yet when I tried to play them on mobile devices, I keep getting the error "This content type cannot be viewed through mobile devices" on both Android and iOS phones. Can someone help me to clarify what is wrong and how to fix this issue please. I have updated Captivate to 11.5.1.499

TOPICS
Project upgrade , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would first remove the possibility that this issue is due to AICC rather than any issue with OAMs. 

I use OAMs all the time in Captivate modules that are being converted to HTML5 before being uploaded to LMSs, but I only use SCORM, not AICC.  I am also using OAMs on a course for another client that will only be played on mobile phones.  That content is also working without issue.

So turn off AICC (or any other LMS reporting) and try uploading your content to a web server first to see if it can be played on mobiles then.  If even that fails, you need to look more deeply at those OAMs.  There may be something in the coding or the settings that is tripping up the mobile browsers.  I've never had that issue, but it's possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources