• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 Published HTML5 displays as only white screen on server.

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've published a quiz course in a non-scalable HTML5 format. The un-zipped files load successfully into any of the browsers I use locally on my machine. It also presents correctly locally on other co-workers' machines. 

However, when uploaded to a directory on our customer-facing server, navigating to the screen shows only a blank, white page - not even the "play" arrow. This is not for actual use yet, but simply customer preview for a version they will host on another server when we do the final publish. No score recording needed.

I've checked file permissions, firewall settings etc. but have not found any solutions or clues. I've double-checked that all files successfully upload. 

I'm probably missing something obvious and would welcome anybody that can help me find what is probably right in front of my nose. 

TOPICS
Advanced , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML output should be run from a webserver, which supports JSON. I am not sure from your description that this is the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank Lilybiri. I neglected to mention that but I've also made certain that JSON is running on the webserver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes we're sure you think your server has JSON supported, but just to humour us, try turning on SCORM settings in the Quiz and upload a test version of your project to SCORM Cloud to see if it plays from there.  We DEFINITELY know SCORM Cloud has JSON enabled.  If you can get your content to play on SCORM Cloud, your issue is with your own server.  That would take only a few minutes to prove.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources