• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 publishing via cloudbase ap

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi captivators!  I am having all manner of problems trying to figure out how to publish using Captivate 2019.  I have used Captivate 9 previously, where I would pubish to a zip and could share the zip file through one drive so my stakeholders could review materials before I uploaded to an LMS.

I try and publish with 2019 - publish - publish to computer - and try and zip the file I cannot run the index.scrom within so I can share with colleagues so that they can see what I have created. 

What am I doing wrong please?  If I do not zip the file, can I even upload to an LMS? 

Really confused so would appreciate any help from an expert 🙂

TOPICS
Project upgrade

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

If there is an index_scorm.html file in your published output, that means you have LMS reporting turned on and your output is set up for an LMS.  You don't really need LMS reporting on in order to share content with reviewers.  You could just turn off LMS reporting untill you are ready to upload final output (as a zip archive) to the LMS.

However, even with LMS reporting turned off,  HTML5 output cannot be run from within a zip archive.  It needs to be unzipped to a folder on the end-user's ha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is an index_scorm.html file in your published output, that means you have LMS reporting turned on and your output is set up for an LMS.  You don't really need LMS reporting on in order to share content with reviewers.  You could just turn off LMS reporting untill you are ready to upload final output (as a zip archive) to the LMS.

However, even with LMS reporting turned off,  HTML5 output cannot be run from within a zip archive.  It needs to be unzipped to a folder on the end-user's hard drive before then executing the main HTML file (usually named index.html).

So, were you unzipping the zipped content before trying to execute the HTML file, or were you perhaps just double-clicking the zip archive and then trying to run the HTML file  from within the zip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Rod, thanks so much for that.  I had been publishing as a zip and trying to play the index scorm without unzipping so that was my problem. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It not commonly known, but when a folder full of related files is zipped, the relationships between the files are broken which means the linkages do not function as they would when the same files are in unzipped form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources