• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 Quiz Answer Selections

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to construct a one choice attestation answer, in order for users to acknowledge that they have completed a course. In storyline 3 we would use a True and False quiz questions and delete the second choice. In Captivate I can't delete a second choice. Ther Properties only allow 2 or more selections.

Is there anyway to modify or create a single choice that wiull report correctly to an LMS?

Thanks, Jeff!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a scored Text Entry Box? With one valid answer 'Yes'. 

Or a FIB question with one Blank?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see why you should not just add a button to the slide and tell the learner that clicking the button indicates they have completed the course.  Why is it essential to have a radio button for this? 

Radio button arrays use a recognised interface standard.  Using a radio button forces the user to choose between one of the options listed.  If you're not asking them to make a choice, only confirm something has happened, then a single radio button is the wrong interface object to use.  Even a checkbox would make more sense because that at least is often used to indicate No when blank or Yes when selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod,
I was just looking for a convenient way to create a simple one button response that will provide me a mechanism to score 100% upon selection and submission. I can create a button that looks and responds like a radio button, but do you know of a way to provide a score of 100% that will be recorded in an LMS. I would like I could modify one of the quiz templates but I am unable to do so. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because you  require reporting, I did suggest the TEB and FIB slide because they will report. For other scored objects and or user variables it depends on the LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can just add a Smart Shape button and set it to report 10 points to the quiz.  If it is the only scored object in the module, then clicking that button will automatically report 100% of the available points and give your learner a perfect score.  Very simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources